vrijdag 27 april 2012

At least they read my CV

Just got this in my mailbox:

Dear Rolf Adriaan Groeneveld,

As stated by the Wageningen Agricultural University's electronic repository, you authored the work entitled "development of a bioeconomic fisheries model with predatory relations between species" in 2000 within the framework of your postgraduate degree.
Due to the fact that we are currently planning publications in this subject field, we would be pleased to know whether you would be interested in publishing the work mentioned above with us.

LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing is a member of an international publishing group which has almost 10 years of experience in the publication of high-quality research works from well-known institutions across the globe.
Besides producing printed scientific books, we also market them actively through more than 80,000 booksellers.

Kindly confirm your interest in receiving more detailed information in this respect.

I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Laura Dean
Acquisition Editor

(address, telephone number, etc)


My first reaction: "Huh? Did I write that?" My reaction after some googling: "Oh. That's how I describe my minor thesis in my CV." My reaction after some more googling and finding this: "Better not."

Honestly, I get loads of garbage like this lately.

(Edited 21 May 2012 to remove contact info)

1 opmerking:

  1. I also received this kind of message.
    Dr.A.Jagadeesh Nellore(AP),India

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen